What You Need
For the steak
- Place a 4.5QT Hybrid Deep Sauté Pan over medium-low heat. Add the butter and olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add the anchovies and saut é until they start to break down, about 1 minute. Add the oregano, crushed red pepper and garlic and saut é for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the anchovies to completely break down and the garlic to cook. Take the pan off the heat and transfer to a bowl, allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Heat a 12" HexClad Hybrid Pan to medium-high heat. Season both sides of the steak with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Drizzle oil onto the hot pan. Sear the steak for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice and top with the sauce.
For the potatoes
- Heat the oven to 450°F. Bring a HexClad Hybrid 8 QT Pot of water to a boil. Add the baking soda, salt and potatoes. Boil the potatoes for 5 to 8 minutes, until softened, but not quite cooked all the way through.
- Pour out the excess water and vigorously shake the potatoes in the dry pot to create crumbly edges.
- In a high sided 9 x 13 pan, add 1 cup of oil. Add the potatoes, a sprinkle of salt, and roast in the oven for 1 to 1 hour 15 mins, mixing every 20 minutes to toss the potatoes in oil.
- Drain potatoes with a slotted spoon onto a wire rack tray. Season with salt.