What You Need
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. In a 12” HexClad pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken skin-side down. Cook until the skin is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until second side is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the lemon slices and butter to the pan. Cook, turning the lemons halfway through, until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes total. Transfer the lemon slices to the plate with the chicken.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and add the orzo and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the orzo is toasted and the garlic is fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the wine to the skillet and cook, scraping the bottom of the pan, until the wine has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the broth, kale, and lemon juice and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken, lemon slices, and any juices back into the pan. Transfer to the oven and cook for about 15 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165ºF.