Sockeye Salmon with Summer Succotash
2 filets Sockeye Salmon
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tablespoon butter
1 can cannellini beans (strained)
1 heirloom tomato, diced
1/4 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 zucchini, diced
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup chopped green onion
Garnish: chopped green onion and shaved fennel salad
- Season salmon fillets with cumin, coriander, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- For the Succotash, heat a 12'' Hexclad pan to medium heat.
- Once heated, add olive oil then onion, bell pepper, and season with salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add zucchini and butter. Sautee for 2-3 minutes longer then add tomato sauce and mix together. Next, add diced tomato, cannellini beans, and green onion.
- For the salmon filets, heat pan a 12'' Hexclad pan to medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and place down salmon filets once hot. After 4-5 minutes of searing, add butter, smashed garlic and a sprig of rosemary. Using a spoon, baste salmon filets with the butter. Once skin becomes golden brown on the bottom, flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Until the desired doneness.
- To serve, place salmon fillets on a plate and top with summer succotash. Garnish with fennel salad, dill, microgreens and enjoy!