- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small chicken thighs
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 a bunch kale, roughly torn
- zest + juice of 1 lemon
- 6-8 sprigs of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in your 12’’ HexClad pan over medium to medium-high heat. Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden, about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- In the same pan, add the butter and lemon slices. Sear the lemon until golden on each side, about 1 minute. Remove the lemon from the pan and set aside to a plate with the chicken.
- To the same pan, add the garlic and orzo. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and the orzo toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Add the wine to the skillet and de-glaze the pan. Add the chicken broth, kale, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over high heat and stir. Slide the chicken, lemon slices, and any juices left on the pan back into the pan. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken topped with fresh thyme and lemon zest. Enjoy!