Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms Recipe
by HexClad Cookware
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper on both sides
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 cup veloute sauce
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- In a large pan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- While the chicken is cooking, melt the 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the mushroom slices and cook them on each side until they are nicely browned. Remove the mushrooms and set them aside.
- Add the veloute sauce to the pan the mushrooms were in, scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen the browned bits. Bring to a simmer before adding the cream. Whisk together and simmer until the sauce thickens. stir in the herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper (a few pinches of each).
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and let it rest for a minute before slicing it.
- Arrange the chicken and mushrooms on each plate and top with the sauce. Squeeze a small amount of lemon juice over the top of each. Serve immediately.