Eggs Benedict Recipe
by HexClad Cookware
- 1 recipe Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 English muffins, halved
- 4 tsp unsalted butter, to toast muffins
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, thin shaved ham, or crispy bacon
- 4 large eggs, for poached eggs
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar for poaching eggs
- cayenne pepper, to garnish
- chives or dill, to garnish
- Make the Hollandaise Sauce: combine hollandaise sauce in a small saucepan and cook according to our hollandaise recipe instructions. Cover with lid to keep warm. If it gets too thick, add a teaspoon of hot water at a time to thin it out.
Prep for Poached Eggs: Place a pot of water with 1 Tbsp vinegar on the stove for making poached eggs and bring it just to a simmer.
Sauté meat: In a large skillet, sauté your meat until hot and golden then transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Toast English muffins: Melt 2 tsp butter on the same skillet and add English muffins cut-side down and toast until golden brown. Remove the skillet from the heat, leaving the muffins in the skillet to keep warm.
Poach Eggs: Once water is barely simmering, poach 4 eggs according to our easy poached eggs recipe.
Assemble: Place English muffin halves on serving plates cut-side up. Top with your desired meat. Place the egg over the meat. Pour the hollandaise sauce over the eggs, dividing the hollandaise recipe between the 4 eggs. Sprinkle the top with cayenne pepper and garnish with chives. Serve immediately.