Clam Chowder Recipe
by Jordan Ruiz
- 6 slices bacon diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 (6.5 ounce cans) chopped clams
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 medium russet potatoes peeled and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium-high heat add the bacon and cook until slightly crisp and no longer pink. Remove it to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add the onion, celery, and garlic and cook until tender. Add the flour and stir.
- Add in the juice from the clams, chicken broth, milk, and half and half, then stir until there aren't any clumps. Add in the potatoes.
- Bring the pot to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer until the potatoes are tender and the soup is thick. Stir in the clams and salt and pepper to taste. Top with crumbled bacon and serve.