Chocolate Covered Strawberries
by HexClad Cookware
- 10 ounce package Ghirardelli Baking Chips Bittersweet, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries stems attached
- Start by washing the strawberries and then drying them VERY well. It's so important to dry the strawberries well because, as you may know, chocolate and water do not work well together! If the strawberries are the least bit wet the chocolate will not stick!
- If desired, add a handful of toppings, like crushed nuts or coconut, onto their own small plates. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Use a double boiler or microwave the chocolate for 30 second intervals, removing and stirring at each 30 second interval, until the chocolate has melted. Stir often, making sure not to burn the chocolate!
- Holding a strawberry by the stem, dip into melted chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting the excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. At this point you may dip the strawberry in coconut or nuts (or leave it plain) and then place the strawberry on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
- For a white chocolate drizzled strawberry, dip a fork in the melted white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries.
- Chill the strawberries until the chocolate sets, about 15 minutes.