Avocado Cucumber Shrimp Bites
by Marshall Wand
A fresh cucumber slice sits on top of this delectable plate of shrimp appetizers, creamy avocado, and plump, juicy cajun shrimp.
Ingredients for Cajun Shrimp:
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped, plus more to garnish
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
For the Avocado Spread:
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice, plus more to squeeze over finished appetizers
- 1 English Cucumber, sliced into 22 rings
How to Make Cajun Shrimp:
- Put the shrimp in a sizable mixing basin, and use paper towels to pat dry. Add minced garlic, 1 Tbsp cilantro, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1 Tbsp olive oil. Stir well to combine.
- Using 1 Tbsp of olive oil, warm a sizable, heavy pan over medium/high heat. After the oil is hot, put the shrimp in a single layer and cook for two minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
How to Make Avocado Spread & Assemble:
- 1 avocado, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1 Tbsp lime juice should be mashed together in a small bowl until smooth. Distribute the avocado mix over 20-22 cucumber slices.
- Sprinkle more finely chopped cilantro on top of the shrimp avocado bites after adding a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Cover and chill in the fridge for up to 4 hours if not serving right away.