By Chef Daniele Uditi
Visit Daniele's Instagram for more recipe ideas: https://www.instagram.com/danieleuditi/
100 grams bucatini
150 grams pecorino Romano grated
4 tablespoon pasta water for the cheese
Cracked black pepper to taste
1 cup pasta water to create the cream
1. Place a HexClad 8-QT Hybrid Pot of water on the stove and bring it to a boil.
2. Once the water is boiling, add the bucatini pasta. Lightly salt the water.
3. While the pasta is cooking, toast the black pepper in 12" HexClad Pan on medium low heat.
5. Once the black pepper is toasted, prepare your “pastello.“
6. To prepare the Pastello, add grated pecorino romano to a bowl. Next, add a little bit of pasta water and mix until you have a dough consistency. Set aside.
7. About two minutes before your pasta reaches the al dente cooking point, add some of the pasta water to the pan with the toasted black pepper. Turn the heat on medium-high.
8. Add the bucatini pasta to the pan and stir to marry the peppery water with the pasta. Stirring will help release the starches from the pasta so it will be easy to create a cream.
9. Once the water in the pan is thick enough, remove the pan from the heat and let it cool down for 1-2 minutes. After it is cooled, introduce the “pastello.“ Next, start stirring until you create a cream .
10. Plate and enjoy!